Happy lazy Sunday my lovely readers! Don’t you just love a good chill session? I know I do. Hence I have decided to share with you my very awesome and super easy Hummus recipe; the perfect snack. Now I’m not bragging, but I can make a pretty tasty Hummus dip and by the end of this post you will too 🙂
All you need are a handful of ingredients and a small food processor and within a mere moment you have yourself one hella amazing snack. It’s also very healthy and ticks all the dietary requirement boxes so it’s good for everyone which is a total plus!!
I guarantee that this recipe will be better than any store bought Hummus you’ve tried and once you try it you will never look at those cardboard bland supermarket attempts ever again.
Disclaimer: Hummus is not Persian, I just like to eat it 😉
This recipe is something I came up with a few years back, as with most of my recipes I like to add my own personal touch to keep it different. So feel free to add or remove anything to make it totally your own. But if you can’t be bothered then just use mine as it’s the shiz!
- 1/4 cup of Tahini paste (use the good stuff from the healthy aisle section of the supermarket, it’s a bit pricey but it lasts forever.I like Mayver’s hulled Tahini paste)
- olive oil
- ground cumin
- 1 cup of canned chick peas
- 1 clove of garlic diced
- greek yoghurt
- ground paprika to garnish
- So basically all you need to do is blitz the above ingredients in a small food processor. There are a few key things you need to do in order to get this dip to taste awesome and smooth.
- Firstly give the Tahini past a good stir as the oil likes to sit on top of the paste so make sure it’s well mixed prior to adding it to the food processor.
- Secondly add equal part lemon juice to the Tahini paste and blitz for a minute. You will notice that the mixture becomes light and whipped, this is the key to a creamy Hummus. You can add more or less lemon juice, it’s really up to you but remember if you add more Tahini it will make the dip taste bitter so keep it balanced.
- next add 2 tbsps of olive oil, 1/2 tspn of ground cumin and salt and mix. Also take the lid off the processor and mix with a spoon to help get everything homogenised
- add the diced garlic and mix some more
- add the drained and rinsed cup of chickpeas. But do it in increments; first add half a cup blitz and mix with a spoon then add the remainder and repeat.
- finally this is my added touch; add around 2-3 tbsps of greek yoghurt (the solid part and that watery part that separates from it, if you are not into dairy then substitute with water). This is to help thin out the Hummus allowing it to be light and creamy in texture and in taste. Don’t worry about how much or little you add, just taste it as you go and stop when it tastes awesome!
- garnish with ground paprika and serve with bread, chips, vegetables….whatever floats your boat really!
So there you have it, very little effort involved to make a seriously tasty snack that is perfect for a day of R&R. Until next time Xx